Historical Milwaukee, Inc. : Virtual Doors Open
September 26 @ 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 1:00 pm, repeating until September 28, 2020
Online Building Tours: 60+ Milwaukee buildings that typically open for in-person tours during this event will showcase their sites through virtual content ranging from photos to videos to 360 virtual reality tours. Visitors will also be invited on virtual tours of Fund for Lake Michigan Water Passport sites and explore the relationship between Milwaukee’s water and the city’s industrial, commercial, civic, and residential development. Click here to view a list of participating sites.
Neighborhood Feature: Doors Open will feature a downloadable neighborhood activity booklet designed by artist Erick “CK” Ledesma. The booklet will feature activities pages for the whole family. To compliment the booklet, Doors Open will highlight 16 Milwaukee neighborhoods with recommendations of places to visit there. We hope visitors will take the opportunity to explore Milwaukee safely!
- Virtual tour and live Q&A of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra’ new home the Bradley Symphony Center, with MSO President & Executive Director Mark Niehaus on September 28 at 1 pm
- Live virtual program with Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service featuring eight neighborhood stories on October 1 at 6 pm
- Celebrating Central: A Brief History of Milwaukee Public Library’s Downtown Library at Virtual on October 02 at 5:30 PM
- Art activity with Artists Working in Education featuring the Silver City Neighborhood
- In-depth virtual neighborhood tours of Clarke Square (Sept 26), Lindsay Heights (Oct 3), and Havenwoods (Oct 10) by Tank Think. Video tours will air via YouTube premier and be available to view anytime the premier.
- Musical performances with Access Contemporary Music featuring Milwaukee City Hall and Wisconsin Black Historical Society. These performaces will be available to view anytime during Doors Open.
Additional information can be found at https://historicmilwaukee.org/doors-open/