We are currently hiring for an Executive Director, could it be you or someone you know?
Executive Duties & Responsibilities
The BID Executive Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Marketing and Communications
- Strengthen and expand relationships with corporate, community, government, and institutional partners to advance organizational mission and objectives.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to stakeholders and ensure the BID understands and is responsive to the needs of business and property owners in the district.
- Develop, implement, and expand marketing programs, public relations strategies, special events, and BID promotions.
- Create and/or coordinate the preparation of BID marketing and promotional materials that will promote the unique benefits of the BID including its rich history and cultural diversity.
- Serve as a liaison to press and media contacts to market and promote the BID district in local and citywide media outlets.
- Develop and manage communications including BID website, e-communications, social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and responding to BID members inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with all relative State and City requirements; as well as the BID’s by-laws, policies, and procedures.
- Act as an advocate for the BID with relevant City, State, and Federal agencies.
- Prepare and present the Annual Historic King Drive BID #8 Operating Plan to the common council and represent the BID at public and governmental meetings, hearings, community and member forums, and other events.
- Lead grant writing efforts and ensure compliance with all grant requirements.
- Oversee preparation of materials for all Board and Staff meetings including notices, agendas, financials, minutes, and other meeting materials.
- Oversee a range of Committees’ objectives and initiatives including public safety, marketing, or future committees.
- Prepare annual operating budget, ensure adherence to the budget, maintain all organizational records, and provide the Board with periodic financial reports and audits.
- Oversee BID’s finances, including payroll.
- Oversee the procurement of all goods and services, issue requests for proposals, and monitor/maintain all vendor, contractor and consultant relationships, including the BID’s street maintenance or public relations contracts.
- Supervise support staff.
- Develop and implement with board members roles and responsibilities of board members, officers, and volunteers.
- Identify and recruit volunteers, interns, and public and private allies to assist in the furthering of BID goals and objectives.
- Manage BID Ambassador staff.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in some combination of the following areas: economic development and/or revitalization, constituent services, nonprofit management, government/public policy, small-business assistance, or urban planning.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, and a Master’s degree in a related field is a plus.
- Substantive administrative, contract-management, and financial management experience.
- Must understand the nature of BIDs and the role they play in the City, as well as the political landscape.
- Familiarity with business development and management.
- Marketing and special event programming experience.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Ability to engender trust with people of diverse social, economic, racial, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to identify and catalyze strategic opportunities and relationships to advance the BIDs mission.
- Familiarity with the Historic King Drive district, a plus
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with City government, a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to manage web content, and experience in working with digital newsletters/communications and social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
Historic King Drive BID #8
2745 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Drive - Suite 206
Milwaukee, WI 53212